Now onto the topic of this post.
The other day I tidied up (boring introduction I know!) and I realized that I have way too much cosmetic products. I know, I know, I guess I have said that many times before, but this time I was totally shocked and I don't think that spending too much money on cosmetics is really worth it. The thing is, that I am constantly looking for the one. With the one I am not referring to a guy :D
What I am talking about are holy grail products as they are frequently called on Youtube. The one lipstick, the one eyeliner, the one Mascara and so on. I have already found some "ones" [uh-oh can you still follow me?] but others I haven't. You might remember my Let's talk about Beauty posts but I really want to limit myself to appointing one product in each category that I love.
Some British Youtubers such as beautycrush and FleurdeForce have talked about their absolute favourite products. Even if you are not too interested in cosmetics, I recommend having a look at their videos because these two cuties are gorgeous inside and out! Fleur de Force is probably gonna make a 2013 favourites video as well. Or at least I hope so! I have to check. There are also lots and lots of German Youtubers who are doing the same thing but they don't seem to label their videos properly. All I could find where "Jahresfavoriten" (annual favourites) but the term Holy Grail/Heiliger Gral is not used so much. However, Daarum made a funny video about her 2011 favourites BUT she is referring to everything in her life like decoration and so on.
Here is my first Holy Grail Product. Care to meet Melba? ♥
- Melba weights 6g and costs 24 € at Douglas - A friend (Danielle ♥) told me that Mac Products are cheaper in the US
- Melba has 36 sisters so I think there is a shade for everyone.
- Another friend who uses the very same blush told me that she bought it two years ago and she still has a lot of product left. (It's obviously important to clean it once in a while)
- Melba lasts on your cheeks all day ♥
- Melba gets jealous at other Blushes, it's very dominant haha. I used to use a Blush by Sleek but this baby here totally replaced it! Mainly because it's matte and I prefer matte products.
- You shouldn't carry it around too much though. I once owned a Mac Powder and I let it drop. 24 € is just too much for a broken product. So handle with care ♥
I'm sorry that it is already a little bit dusty on the back. I like it so much that yupp, I did carry it around with me but I try not to as I am so scared to break it :D ♥
Additionally, yes I do know that it is in a way absurd to spend 24 quit on a blush but I regret nothing.
Do you have a Holy Grail blush? If not, Melba or one of her sisters are worth a shot.
I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New year!
Ps: Speaking of introductions- You might also want to meet Minou. If you follow me on Instagram you know this photo. She is a cute kitten and we picked her up at the animal shelter when our other cat died. She is 6 months old and she likes to play a lot ♥