Montag, 8. Oktober 2012

Just a few lines...


Hi guys! In one of my lectures, we talked about this poem. English translation at the bottom ♥
I've never been into poetry a lot, mainly because it's not the most common thing for young people to do haha ;D
But yeah...This poem really makes me think. It's great in its simplicity but I don't want to sound like my professor so I will leave the interpretation up to you.

Le Cancre - Jaques Prévert
 
Il dit non avec la tête
Mais il dit oui avec le coeur
Il dit oui à ce qu'il aime
Il dit non au professeur
Il est debout
On le questionne
Et tous les problèmes sont posés
Soudain le fou rire le prend
Et il efface tout
Les chiffres et les mots
Les dates et les noms
Les phrases et les pièges
Et malgré les menaces du maître
Sous les huées des enfants prodiges
Avec des craies de toutes les couleurs

Sur le tableau noir du malheur

Il dessine le visage du bonheur.

                                                                      






He says no with his head 
but he says yes with his heart 
he says yes to what he loves 
he says no to the teacher 
he stands 
he is questioned 
and all the problems are posed 
sudden laughter seizes him 
and he erases all 
the words and figures 
names and dates 
sentences and snares 
and despite the teacher's threats 
to the jeers of infant prodigies 
with chalk of every colour 
on the blackboard of misfortune 
he draws the face of happiness.






I hope you enjoy this.
It makes me happy! ♪
 

3 Kommentare:

  1. Ja, es ist geschmackssache :D habe das aber mit der Liste jetzt einigermaßen hinbekommen auch wenn ich nicht ganz zufrieden bin >.<

    Ich mag das Gedicht :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Awesome poem ! anyway I fallow u ;)
    I hope u can fallow me back. ^^

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Ich fand Gedichte im Unterricht (und auch noch in der Uni) furchtbar, weil ich zuviel interpretiere und die Dozenten das nicht mögen xD;
    Aber Gedichte in allgemeinen finde ich schön - vor allem weil sie so vielseitig sind.

    AntwortenLöschen